Saturday, February 21, 2009

Salt Lake Gallery Stroll

Friday afternoon a group of art students from Snow, myself included, headed up to Salt Lake with some of our professors to attend Salt Lake's monthly Gallery Stroll. We visited three or four galleries in the short three hours we had, including Hope Gallery and Phillips Gallery. I got to see art from tons of artists. Some of the art I really liked was by Scott Roach, Edward Bateman, and Tyson Monson. I'd risk copyright infringement by putting up images of their work, but I strongly encourage you to take a look at their sites and see their work.

I can, however, put up pictures from the ride home, wherein we started some crazy shenanigans for the sake of sluffing off boredom. Like stopping in the highway and making snow angels at random spots. Or visiting a tomb in a little town along the way. I'm still not sure why Scott, my oil painting teacher, isn't a stand-up comedian, at least as a side job...

1 comment: