Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blender

Lately I've been working in 3D modeling and rendering using Blender, making different things and experimenting with different ideas. You can see a couple things I've thrown together in a day's free time each, both of which could use some refinement but are already well on their way to being solid pieces of artwork.

A little over a week ago I submitted a proposal for a gallery show at the school's gallery to display several pieces made this way. Each week the gallery has a new student show in their AltSpace, and I wanted to get my own work into one of those shows. Although I had just missed out on the slots available this semester, I was accepted for the first show of the fall semester.In many ways that's better than having it as one of the last shows this semester because it'll give me all summer to work on pieces to put in the show, and in addition time to hone my skills on the medium.

At this point I'm really looking into digital artwork as a focus, and considering some career options that I'd previously ruled out. I have a strong sense that teaching art is where I belong. Yet as I examine the diverse fields that I could go into, and particularly the ones I think I'd enjoy most, I have to stop and consider what I'm going to be happiest doing. One of my purposes in life is to teach. But there are a variety of ways that that can apply in my life, and I am starting to consider some different options.

No comments:

Post a Comment