Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Week of Classes

I am almost through my first week of classes, just back from Drawing II. This is my first drawing of the semester,and my second art assignment. We drew some driftwood pieces, focusing on line quality. Our tools were Sharpie markers, powdered graphite, and kneadable erasers.

This week classes have gotten out early in most cases, which has facilitated running around campus making sure everything is in order - making sure my scholarship really does cover the $190 student fees, for example.

On a side note, although I was not initially pleased that meal cards were mandatory for cooking apartment residents (like yours truly), I am glad to say that the facilities have improved noticeably since my last year at Snow. They have an all-you-can eat buffet laid out most evenings, which for a starving college student is a boon.

In my Institute class today, I also found out that one of my classmates is going to be baptized this Saturday. I always find good things going on, and it amazes me and reminds me that this world isn't all the pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment